Social and Racial Justice at TCA
TCA’s Commitment to Systemic Equity
Twin Cities Academy is committed to addressing educational inequities and ensuring a respectful learning environment in which diversity is valued and integral to successful outcomes for all students.
TCA’s Equity Focus Areas
Pedagogy of Equity – We understand that we have the responsibility to institutionalize culturally responsive practices in teaching and professional development;
Equitable Operations – We understand that we have the responsibility to embed equity and culturally responsive practices into the foundation of all TCA programs and operations;
Collaborative and Authentic Relationships – We understand that we have the responsibility to engage in partnership with all stakeholders, including students, families, community members and other educational partners;
Equity and Diversity Ongoing Assessment – We understand that we have the responsibility to assess, monitor and evaluate equitable policies, practices, programs, procedures and budgets for continuous improvement.
Educational Equity Looks Like:
- Authentic relationships with and among students, staff, families and community members
- Culturally responsive teaching
- High expectations for all students
- Advanced course enrollment that represents school population
- Curriculum that reflects all learners
- All students and families feel welcome and safe
- All students meeting grade level and graduation expectations
- Schoolwide outcomes that contribute to social justice for all.
Educational Equity Feels Like:
- I am recognized for my strengths and contributions
- I am respected for who I am
- I am heard and appreciated
- I feel cared about and I care about others
- I see myself represented in curriculum
- I feel comfortable and welcomed at school
- I am academically confident and challenged
- I can achieve my goals, dreams and full potential
- I understand my responsibility to contribute to a more socially just society.